- The Gopher finished thier second season with Brewster in a underwhelming fashion. The 7-1 start was a total mirage and looking back on the season they didn't beat a single bowl team and the best win was the Illinois game which turns out to not be that impressive. I do believe the future looks bright especially if Decker decides to return which isn't a given.
- The power running game made its debut for the Gophers. While I think it is something we should add, Brewster has to realize to do that it requires a running back and a capable offensive line and currently he has neither. To not be able to run on a Kansas defense shows how poor the running game is.
- I love the NHL's Winter Classic. It was easily the best sporting event today with the annual USC Blowout in effect. I would love to see the Wild playing at either TCF Bank or Target Field in this game someday.
- The Gatorade Shower officially needs to stop. It has obviously lost all meaning. The (10-3) Georgia Bulldogs as they closed out a win over a mediocre Michigan State team in the all-important Capital One Bowl showered Mark Richt with Gatorade. This was the preseason #1 team in the country. They were supposed to be playing in Miami instead they got walloped by Florida, Alabama, and even Georgia Tech. If you aren't winning a title don't even think about opening the cooler.
- On a final note, the Star Tribune is reporting that Don Lucia might miss at least one game due to illness. They are keeping quiet as to what the illness is but it does appear worrisome as they are telling the players to not talk about it and the Sports Information Director says that Lucia isn't sure what the illness is yet. I hope it is nothing serious and he returns to the bench soon. He is one of the best coaches in college hockey and has done a great job running the program and keeping the majority of Minnesota talent playing for the Maroon and Gold.
Twins 10, Tigers 4: The Tigers are bad
8 hours ago