Thursday, January 22, 2009

Gopher Football Very Busy

The Gophers have been very active recently considering it is the end of January. It has already been mentioned about the new offensive coordinator, but here is what else is going on:
  • Tramaine Brock is no longer enrolled at the University. This hurts as I thought Simmons and him were the main reasons for the defensive improvement. He was a sure tackler with athleticism. I hope the Gophers find a solid replacement.
  • The Gophers are close to setting up a home-and-home with USC. Fans have been clamoring for better non-conference games, but I don't think this was what they had in mind. You would like to schedule opponents that you can compete with. However, I already want to get a ticket for when USC comes to TCF Bank Stadium.
  • The Gophers have secured there first commitment for 2010. It is Konrad Zagzebski. Two things have me excited about this. One it is a great name and I wish I had an idea on how to pronounce it. The best fact is that he is from Wisconsin and should be the top prospect from Wisconsin. No only if we can get the top prospect from Minnesota (Seantrel Henderson) we will really be in business. It feels good to win some recruiting battles. Here is his film reel.

No comments:

Post a Comment