Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Intro and Musings

Hello out there, can anyone hear me. This blog will consist of what I find interesting or amusing in the world of sports. It will talk of Gopher sports, Twins baseball and what else strikes (no pun intended and I mean that) my fancy. I will try to mix my love of statistics and love of sports in hopes to entertain.

First up is my take on the upcoming Gopher Basketball Big Ten Opener against Michigan St. New Years' Eve.

#21 Minnesota (12-0) Vs. #10 Michigan State (9-2)

This is not an easy first match-up to call. Minnesota has walked through a cupcake schedule full of South Dakota States and High Points to an undefeated record. They did soundly beat a Louisville team on a neutral court but there are questions as to Louisville's legitimacy also. Michigan State is supposed to challenge for the Big 10 title but has laid eggs against Maryland and North Carolina. On the flip side they did go to Houston and beat Texas.

I think Minnesota is probably along with Wisconsin the best defensive team in the conference and should cause problems for a Michigan State team that lacks a go-to scorer. Raymar Morgan does lead the team but he is the definition of inconsistent similar to a frustrating Dan Coleman. He will try to score on Damian Johnson (DJ Swat) who has caused issues for everyone from Earl Clark to Eric Gordon.

I think Minnesota at home in front of a rocking Barn will cause troubles especially if Delvon Roe does not play. The only problem is if the Twin Towers Colt 45 and RSIII can maintain Goran Suton like they did Samuels of Louisville. I think Nolen (Absolute Zero) and the Hoff will lead the Gophers to victory.

Prediction: Gophers 74, Spartans 65

No comments:

Post a Comment