Monday, April 13, 2009

Why You Can't Trust a 17-year Old Kid

There is now a football player from Wisconsin that I hate as much as Brett Farve and it is a 17 year old kid. Linebacker Konrad Zagzebski was the first commit to Brewster for the 2010 class. He spoke about the commitment to Gopher Illustrated. Here is what he said to Gopher Illustrated on January 22nd:

"I am psyched right now and super pumped to be a Gopher. I had a feeling that an offer was coming and I knew that if it did my recruiting process would be over. I don't care who else offers, I want to be a Golden Gopher." I knew that even if all the schools in the Big Ten were to offer that I would end up at Minnesota," he said. "I felt loyalty from the Minnesota staff ever since they started to recruit me last year. According to Zagzebski, this decision is final. "The way I see it Wisconsin and everyone else had their chance, but to be honest I really never saw myself playing at Wisconsin," he said. "Minnesota is where it is at right now and it doesn't take long to recognize that they are a program on the rise. There is a lot of excitement within the program and I cannot wait to play in the new stadium. I just want to be at Minnesota. My decision is over and I can now focus on one more year of high school ball."

Surprise, Surprise 4 months later he has de-committed and committed to Wisconsin.

I know kids are fickle and de-commit all the time but this is ridiculous. No one made him be so definitive. I have no respect for anyone who can not be trusted or taken at their word. I'm glad this kid isn't a Gopher and by his actions the Badgers deserve a little flake and tool like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment